If you have an obesity related illness and your doctor recommends you lose weight, Plan Z is likely covered by your insurance. You can pay for Plan Z with your HSA or FSA card as long as it has a MasterCard or Visa logo on it. Keep a copy of your receipt and packing slip for your records.

Don't have a health savings account? Ask your doctor to give you a letter of medical necessity for Plan Z. Click here to download a sample form of what the letter should look like. Or you can have them fill out this form. Take both forms to your doctor and let them decide which one they prefer to use. Submit the paperwork and your Plan Z packing slip to your insurance company for reimbursement.

All insurance plans are different, so check with your insurance provider for more info or call us at 800-255-9853.